Game of Thrones fans celebrate!! This Black Sesame ice cream named after the cold undead WhiteWalkers is the perfect addition to your Game of Thrones party. Donâ€™t be scared off by the color of the gray ice cream, the black sesame gives it a peanut butter-like flavor and the blue Gems add a nice chocolatey crunchiness!
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 15 hours 30 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blue Gems
- Fill a large bowl with 5 cms of cold water and put it in a freezer.
- Add the sesame seeds to a frying pan and dry roast it on medium flame. Once, they start exhibiting fragrance and starts popping, remove them from the heat.
- Once the sesame seeds are cooled down, grind them in a mixer grinder, until they form a paste.
- Add honey to the paste and grind until the honey is fully fused together.
- Whip egg yolk in a bowl, till they turn lighter in colour.
- Heat milk, sugar, and sesame seeds paste in a bowl, stirring regularly. Once the sugar is dissolved, add the egg yolk paste into the mixture.
- Heat this mixture until it becomes thick.
- Pour vanilla extract into the bowl and slowly add the milk mixture to it while stirring.
- Now, strain the custard with the help of a strainer.
- Put this mixture in Freezer for overnight.
- In the morning, add the custard to the ice cream machine as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When nearly finished, add blue Gems into it.
- Place this in the freezer for about 3-4 hours to make this more firm.
Tell us in the comments, how did this recipe fared for you.